Below you will find an overview of the main principles of personal data protection and other processed data within EVPÚ Defence a.s.
1. Who processes your data?
We are a manufacturing and trading company operating mainly in the following areas:
- electrical engineering,
- mechanical engineering,
- engineering, sales and service,
and as a controller we will process your personal data in accordance with the terms set out below.
2. What personal data do we process?
We only process personal data that you provide to us, in particular:
- in connection with business cooperation, business cases or projects between our company and you or a natural or legal person with whom you are employed, represented or with whom you cooperate,
- in connection with the performance of work for our company or as a candidate for work or cooperation in our company,
- in connection with your visit to our website https://www.evpudefence.com,
- or in connection with entering our premises at Jaktáře 1781, 686 01 Uherské Hradiště.
This is most often (but not exclusively) data that you provide to us or that we have to process by law or because we pursue our legitimate interest, e.g.:
- name and surname,
- telephone number,
- email address,
- your permanent address,
- contact and/or delivery address,
- date of birth (age), birth number if applicable,
- identification number (ID number) or tax identification number (TIN) of suppliers and business partners,
- car registration number (for visitors to our premises),
- likeness (for visitors to our premises which are guarded by CCTV),
- health insurance details (for employees),
- details of previous employment (especially for job applicants and employees),
- possibly others.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
The main reason why we process your personal data is to improve our company's communication with you or the persons you represent or act for, to provide the products and services you have expressed interest in or consume, or to perform our obligations and exercise our rights under employment or similar relationships, while we are driven by the desire to ensure and continuously improve the security of our internal systems and thus your data.
We continue to process your data:
(a) if you are our business (and potential) partners or represent them for the purpose of:
- entering into and performing business contracts,
- conducting analyses and measurements to determine how our products and services are used,
- analysing your preferences,
- contacting you as part of our marketing and advertising activities,
- and sending you any commercial communications and content newsletters,
(b) and if you are a job applicant, employee or otherwise working with us for the purpose of:
- entering into, amending or terminating employment or similar relationships
- maintaining personnel records,
- maintaining payroll records,
- keeping accounting records.
4. Who will have access to your data?
We make every effort to keep your data safe.
Our company employees to whom your data is made available are required to process it only for the purposes specified and must protect it to the maximum extent possible from loss, theft, degradation or any misuse. Each of our employees is aware of this obligation before commencing employment.
We also carefully select our other partners to whom we entrust your data and who are able to ensure such technical and organisational security of your data that unauthorised or accidental access or other misuse of your data cannot occur. Protecting your data is our priority. All our partners are bound by confidentiality obligations and must not use the data provided for any purpose other than that for which we have made it available to them. There are data processing agreements with them for this purpose.
The third parties who may have access to your personal data are, by the nature of the case, usually external service providers of our company, such as consulting, legal, tax, accounting or IT companies or software suppliers. Under certain, precisely defined, conditions, we are also obliged to transfer some of your personal data on the basis of the applicable legal regulations, e.g. to the Police of the Czech Republic or other law enforcement authorities, including specialized departments (ÚOOZ, Customs Administration, etc.) and other public administration authorities.
When transferring your data within our company (e.g. when sharing CVs of job applicants), we also make sure that the transfers are secured and that they are processed only by competent persons and only for the purposes specified.
5. How long do we process your data?
The periods necessary for the purpose of processing your data are as follows:
- if they are provided for by law or other generally binding legal regulation or by a decision of an administrative authority, personal data must be kept for the described purpose for at least the period of time so provided;
- if they are stipulated by the Shredding Rules approved by the Moravian Regional Archives, they are derived from the Shredding Rules;
- if their use or the need for their use in litigation or other disputes or administrative or other proceedings is possible, they shall be retained for a minimum period of 2 years from the final conclusion of the dispute or proceedings in question, and if no dispute or proceedings are initiated, for a minimum period of 2 years from the expiry of the limitation or prescription period in the case where they could possibly be invoked;
- in other cases, a minimum of one year from their acquisition and a maximum of 5 years from their last use for EVPU Defence purposes.
We must process those personal data which are necessary for the proper provision of the service or for the fulfilment of all our obligations, whether these obligations arise from a contract between us or from generally binding legal provisions, regardless of the consent given by you, for the period of time provided for by or in accordance with the applicable legislation, even after any withdrawal of your consent.
6. Can we process your personal data without your consent?
Yes, we can process your personal data without your consent, but only for the following purposes:
- the performance of a contract concluded between you and us, whereby the contract includes the actual use of a service without the need to sign anything;
- the performance of legal obligations imposed on us by generally binding legal provisions; - or for processing which is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
The possibility and lawfulness of such processing follows directly from the applicable law and your consent to such processing is not required.
7. On what basis can we process your personal data?
As mentioned above, we may process your personal data on the basis of your consent, but also, for example, on the basis of our legitimate interest or for the performance of a contract between us, to the extent that the personal data is necessary for such performance. Last but not least, the reason for allowing us to process your personal data without your consent is to fulfil our obligations under the law.
8. How is my personal data secured?
Any personal information you provide to us is secured by standard procedures and technologies. However, it is not objectively possible to fully guarantee the security of your personal data. Therefore, it is also not possible to 100% ensure that the personal data you provide cannot be accessed by a third party, copied, disclosed, altered or destroyed if our security measures are breached.
However, we assure you that we regularly check our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks and employ security measures that, where possible, prevent unauthorised access to your personal data and that provide sufficient security in light of the current state of technology. The security measures taken are then regularly updated.
However, without your help and responsible behaviour, we are unable to fully ensure the security of your data. Therefore, please help us to ensure the security of your data by following the basic security principles. Please always bear in mind that emails and any other communications with EVPU Defence employees or others acting on behalf of EVPU Defence are not encrypted or may not be secured in any way. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not use such forms of communication when providing confidential information.
9. How and when can you withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data?
You can withdraw your voluntary consent to the processing of personal data at any time, free of charge, by sending an email to email@example.com. However, withdrawal of consent does not affect the processing of personal data that we process on a legal basis other than consent (i.e. in particular if the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, legal obligation or for other reasons specified in applicable law).
10. Am I obliged to provide my personal data? What if I do not provide personal data?
You provide us with your personal data voluntarily. However, for some purposes it is required, i.e. if you do not provide it to us, you may not be allowed or given access to that activity or action, e.g. attending a job interview, entering into an employment contract and performing work in an employment relationship, or accessing premises used by our company.
11. What rights do you have in relation to data protection?
In particular, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
The right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- the right to rectify or complete your personal data;
- the right to request restriction of processing;
- the right to object to or complain about processing in certain cases;
- the right to request data portability;
- the right of access to personal data;
- the right to be informed of a personal data breach in certain cases;
- the right to erasure of personal data (the right to be "forgotten") in certain cases; and
- other rights set out in the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
12. What does it mean that you have the right to object?
If you would no longer like to receive a commercial communication from us from time to time or other information about new products and services in our portfolio, you have the opportunity to object to the further processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you do so, we will no longer process your data for this purpose and will not send you further commercial communications and newsletters.
13. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about the protection of personal data or withdraw your consent to further processing of your personal data, you can use the contact information provided at www.evpudefence.com or you can send your question or request in writing to EVPÚ Defence a.s., Jaktáře 1781, 686 01 Uherské Hradiště, Personnel Department.
In this context, we would like to inform you that we may ask you to provide us with appropriate proof of your identity so that we can verify your identity. This is a precautionary security measure to prevent unauthorised persons from accessing your personal data. Communications with you may be monitored in order to improve the quality of our service and to keep a record of our compliance with our obligations under the law.